[Mailman-Users] Custom handler error

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Dec 13 18:02:45 CET 2007

Meenal Pant wrote:

>I am trying to implement a custom handler and referring to
>http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=edit&file=faq04.067.htp for
>doing so. I insert the
>
> GLOBAL_PIPELINE.insert(GLOBAL_PIPELINE.index('Moderate'), 'MyHandler')
>
>line in mm_cfg.py and restart the qrunner  as
>/usr/lib/mailman/bin/mailmanctl restart
>
>However the handler does not get inserted in Defaults.py

As Brad says, it doesn't get inserted in Defaults.py, but it does get
inserted into the GLOBAL_PIPELINE list that is referenced by Mailman
modules as mm_cfg.GLOBAL_PIPELINE.

Do you have a real problem? I.e. does it seem that MyHandler doesn't
get called, or do you just think you have a problem because you don't
see MyHandler in Defaults.py?

If you have a real problem, we need more information about your
specific MyHandler and what it should be doing.