[Mailman-Users] Auto-Discard Sender Filter

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Dec 12 22:48:20 CET 2007

Charles Marcus wrote:

>Mark Sapiro, on 12/12/2007 4:06 PM, said the following:
>> Henry wrote:
>>> My first inclination after looking through the online
>>> documentation and from using Mailman for the last few years was that
>>> someone simply added these e-mail addresses manually by mistake and
>>> either forgot about it or just didn't care to admit to doing it.
>>> Basically I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything I've missed
>>> and this was in fact just user error and some feature you can
>>> enable/disable through the admin options.
>
>> When a list is created, the *_these_nonmember fields are empty. There
>> is no feature/option/configuration setting to make them otherwise by
>> default.
>
>Seems like I recall seeing an option to 'discard messages from this
>poster' when handling some administrative holds at some time, but I
>don't see it now...

Privacy options...->Sender filters->discard_these_nonmembers.

There is also an option in the admindb interface to add the sender of a
held non-member post to one of the *_these_nonmembers filters when
handling the post. This may explain how the addresses got in the OP's
list without the admin's remembering putting them there.