[Mailman-Users] Implicit destination

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Dec 12 18:02:09 CET 2007

Steve Burling wrote:

>But as near as I can tell, she *is* putting the list address in the To:
>field, it's just been munged (presumably by Micro$oft LookOut) to have
>quotes in funny places.  Here's what the To: field looks like from the
>listname.mbox file (edited to protect the innocent):
>
>To: "list at icpsr.umich.edu" <'list at icpsr.umich.edu'>
>
>Are those unnecessary single quotes inside the "<...>" confusing Mailman?

Python's email.Utils.parseaddr() returns the single quotes as part of
the address.

I hate to be in a position of defending LookOut, but are you sure she
doesn't have the quoted address in her address book entry?

If this can't be fixed at her end, you could put the quoted address in
the list's acceptable_aliases.