[Mailman-Users] forwarding messages from one list to another not asattachments

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Tue Dec 11 04:13:20 CET 2007

On 12/11/07, David Beaumont wrote:

>  Thanks but I don't think that is relevant as the original messages are in
>  plain text format, I have checked.

Your description of:

	We need to forward moderated emails from one list to another
	more appropriate list.  However they always arrive munged up,
	losing the originators email address and with the text as an
	attachment.  I.e. looking pretty crap.

Sounds exactly like the problem I was referring to.

And this doesn't have anything to do with text versus HTML
formatting, it has to do with MIME formatting and things like what
you perceive to be an "attachment".  This is explained in some detail
within the FAQ entry I referenced.