[Mailman-Users] listinfo_url and optionsurl alternatives?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Dec 10 22:10:03 CET 2007

Michael Grueter wrote:

>The subscribeack.txt template file uses two variables that I would
>like to change:
>
>1) %(listinfo_url)s produces the following URL:

>where hostname is the generic host name for the mail server.
>
>2) %(optionsurl)s produces a similar URL with the same generic hostname:
>
>http://hostname/mailman/options/listname/username%40domain
>
>Instead, I would like Mailman to use the custom "host name this list
>prefers for email" as entered in the General Options page of the
>Administration web page. What variables would I use to do this?

%(host_name)s is exactly that.

If you want to make a url, you would need something like

or

http://%(host_name)s/mailman/options/listname/%(user)s

although if that's what you're trying to do, your Mailman and/or your
list is not properly configured.

If you have the appropriate add_virtualhost() directives in mm_cfg.py
for this host and you have run fix_url if necessary to give the list
the correct web_page_url attribute, you should get the URL's you want
from the default template.

See some of the articles returned by
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?query=web_page_url&querytype=simple&casefold=yes&req=search>.