[Mailman-Users] Digest question

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Dec 10 17:26:51 CET 2007

Paul Key wrote:

>I know senddigest is entered in cron but should other lists want digest
>ability they may want different times dates.  Do I need multiple cron
>entries for senddigest?  Is senddigest configurable?  Can I pass in
>command line parameters telling senddigest which lists to send digests for?

Yes. "cron/senddigests -l listname"

What it doesn't have is an "exclude listname" option so it would be
easy enough to add a crontab entry to send digests for this list at
8:15 and 13:15 M-F, but not sending digests to this list at the
"regular" times is trickier.

Of course, if you made the regular times say 13:15 M-F, then you could
just add the 8:15 M-F entry for this list, but if you wanted to keep
sending to other lists at daily at noon, you'd need something along
the lines of:

#!/bin/bash
cd ~mailman
for list in `bin/list_lists --bare`