[Mailman-Users] Non-member posters - receive copy of their email as confirmation?

Fri Dec 7 23:01:38 CET 2007

Mark Sapiro, on 12/7/2007 4:33 PM, said the following:
> Charles Marcus wrote:
>> We have two lists that we use that outside vendors post to (they are the
>> 'non-member'), where the members are our Sales Reps. I'd like for the
>> non-members to get a BCC (preferred, CC would be OK) of their message
>> when they post.

> I assume that you don't want these people to be able to see other
> people's posts.
>
> Here's what I would do.
>
> Make them list members with delivery disabled, password reminders off
> and a random password.
>
> Set them to receive acknowledgement of posts.
>
> Then they won't receive any posts from the list, but they will be able
> to post and will receive acknowledgement from the list that their
> posts were accepted.

Hey! Hmmmmm, let me think about this... Yes, I think this will work!
Oh... wait...

How would this work in conjunction with the new functionality provided
by this patch:

 > I think you mean
 > http://tinyurl.com/3xxdhk
 > This patch allows specifying the name of a list (say list2) in list1's
 > accept_these_nonmembers so that members of list2 can post to list1
 > even if they aren't members of list1.

Would I be able to set up a 'vendors' list, that just acts as a
container for all of the vendors, set each members options as you
described above, then put this list name in the other lists
'accept_these_nonmembers' field, and have it 'just work'?

Remember, the 'vendors' list will not be a functioning list - the
members of that list will be posting to one of two other lists, each of
which expands to about 4 lists total internally - my lists are nested,
by the way - some contain only other lists as members, some contain a
mix of lists and individual members.

Thanks for the suggestion! I hope it will work as you described...

--

Best regards,

Charles