[Mailman-Users] Customize Reject Messages?

Mon Dec 3 22:40:05 CET 2007

> If all you want to change is the "Message body is too big: 2236114
> bytes with a limit of 256 KB"" line, you have to change that by
> editing the definition of reason_notice in the MessageTooBig class in
> Mailman/Handlers/Hold.py

Yes, that was part of it, thanks!

> If you want to change the Hold notice in general for all held messages,
> you can make a sitewide, domain-specific or list-specific version of
> the postheld.txt template as discussed at
> <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.048.htp>.

Ok, now, just one last thing... if there's not an easy way to do it,
thats ok, but it never hurts to ask... ;)

For internal reasons, we only allow secure (https) traffic through our
firewall. The URL provided at the footer of a message being held (that
allows the sender to cancel it) is not a secure URL, so this link fails.

Is there a way to change this? I see how I can completely remove the
entire reference, but I'd like to keep this functionality if possible.

Many thanks for your prompt responses!

--

Best regards,

Charles