[Mailman-Users] mailing to maillist + others

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Mon Dec 3 22:01:45 CET 2007

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Steve Campbell wrote:
>
>> I have set up a notification list for a department here. A member sent a
>> notice to the list and also included some other people in the CC fields.
>>
> <snip>
>
>> Is there some way I can allow that to go through without a complaint and
>> why would that be a problem to mailman?
>>

> Set Privacy options...->Recipient filters->max_num_recipients to 0 if
> you want to allow any number of addresses in To: and Cc:, or to some
> large number if you want to limit it to that many.
>
> This setting exists for two reasons.
>
> It is/was an anti-spam measure as many messages with large numbers of
> recipients are or in the past were spam.
>
> It also allows you to decide whether you want to accept a post that
> exposes possibly unrelated Cc: addresses to the list members.

Mark,

Thanks very much.

I see what you mean by the exposure, and I will try to talk this person
out of using so many addresses in any post (which is why we set up the
mailling list in the first place). I could probably create an umbrella
thingy here to better do what they want to do in the future.

Steve