[Mailman-Users] mailing to maillist + others

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Dec 3 21:55:47 CET 2007

Steve Campbell wrote:

>I have set up a notification list for a department here. A member sent a
>notice to the list and also included some other people in the CC fields.
<snip>
>Is there some way I can allow that to go through without a complaint and
>why would that be a problem to mailman?

Set Privacy options...->Recipient filters->max_num_recipients to 0 if
you want to allow any number of addresses in To: and Cc:, or to some
large number if you want to limit it to that many.

This setting exists for two reasons.

It is/was an anti-spam measure as many messages with large numbers of
recipients are or in the past were spam.

It also allows you to decide whether you want to accept a post that
exposes possibly unrelated Cc: addresses to the list members.