[Mailman-Users] Can't use newly created mailman list on Fedora 7

mailbox@stanfield.net vicki at stanfield.net
Mon Dec 3 16:38:13 CET 2007

I recently installed mailman on my Fedora 7 box and when I created a
test list and
tried to email a message to it, my message gets returned with the
following in it:

-------------------------------------
This is the mail system at host mail.

                   The mail system

<test-request at thepenguin.org>: Command died with status 1:
    "/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman request test". Command output:
Traceback (most
recent call last):   File "/usr/lib/mailman/scripts/request", line 64,
in
<module>     main()   File "/usr/lib/mailman/scripts/request", line
59, in main
   _plaintext=1)   File
    "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Switchboard.py", line 132, in
enqueue fp =
open(tmpfile, 'w') IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/var/spool/mailman/commands/1196694091.
16115+07cc7716bbb2ff1c11fbed56a95d1955412fd903.pck.tmp'

Looks like the permissions are wrong on the location where Switchboard.
py is trying
to create the file. Is that correct? And where would that be?

Vicki Stanfield