[Mailman-Users] Limit to the Number of Subscribers for eachlist?

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Wed Aug 29 23:07:06 CEST 2007

On 8/29/07, Brian Luria wrote:

>  So, a thought I had - is it a 'crazy' idea to set up my own webserver
>  and install mailman on it? Or is that a bit too much.

That is not a crazy idea.  In fact, if you did that, you would be
installing and using Mailman in the manner for which it was actually
originally designed.

>  Not sure if anyone out there has done that.

In effect, that's what we are doing for python.org and all the other
mailing lists hosted here, including this one.  The folks at
XS4ALL.nl provide the hardware and hands-on operations support, and a
team of volunteers provides the application level installation,
configuration, monitoring, and management.  You'd just be operating
on a somewhat smaller scale than we do.