[Mailman-Users] Email commands for administrators

fliggle at pobox.com fliggle at pobox.com
Wed Aug 8 14:32:18 CEST 2007

Is there any way for a list administrator can subscribe/unsubscribe
users via an email command?  I would also like to be able to set/clear
the "no mail" flag.

Background:  I administrate several lists and maintain an Excel
spreadsheet that contains membership data.  Some folks are members of
several lists.  I use a macro to add or remove users, change their email
addresses, etc.  I would like to modify the macro to send email commands
to mailman.  This way I could, for example, change a person's email
address in one location and all lists of which they are a member could
be updated automatically.  For various reasons, I do not want to send
emails to mailman using the member's "from" address

If no email command exists for the administrator to do this, is there
another way to accomplish the same result?

I could not find anything about this in the documentation.  I get "page
not found" when I click on the archive link.

Many thanks for any help.