[Mailman-Users] Mailman refusing to stop/start with errors PID unreadable

Andrew Steele andrew at cnet.org
Thu Aug 2 09:24:52 CEST 2007

On 1 Aug 2007 at 13:15, Brad Knowles wrote:

> Unfortunately, you're using a lot of other software that we are not
> generally familiar with, and from our perspective we can't think of
> anything that might cause these problems from within our code, but of
> course we can't be 100% certain.
>
> You really need to find someone who has deep knowledge of those other
> bits of code, as well as knowledge of how those interface to Mailman.

Hi Brad!

Thanks for your reply.  I suppose I was hoping that one or other of the
wiser list members might be able to say: "That issue is typically caused
by such and such and the normal method of resolving is to do so and
so..."

Even agreement that reinstalling Mailman is the only option would help -
slightly :-)

But you're right... The Webmin/Virtualmin factor does make it a slightly
more complex mix.

If I discover anything through the other enquiries I've made I'll post
back here and, in the meantime, if anyone has inspiration then I'm all
ears.

Andrew