[Mailman-Users] Looping Moderator Approval Requests/ Mailman&Exim

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Aug 1 02:42:48 CEST 2007

Mike Peachey wrote:

>> This then suggests that we have two options:
>> 1. Find a way to stop mailman from attaching the held message to a
>> moderator approval request e-mail

This is on the ToDo list for Mailman 2.1.10. In the mean time see
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=760567&group_id=103&atid=300103>
for a patch.

>> 2. Find a way to reconfigure Exim & SpamAssassin so that all messages
>> are passed through SpamAssasin, except those that are routed to Mailman,
>> and then use the info available for integrating mailman and SpamAssassin
>> to have Mailman call SpamAssassin itself, although this does seem like a
>> pretty inefficient way to deal with it because everything will still end
>> up going through spamd.
>>
>> I heartily appreciate any comments on this as I'm a bit stuck with the
>> best way to proceed.
>
>Or option 3. find a way to get Mailman to ignore the list Spam Filter
>settings for the -owner addresses.

put these four lines (lines 1 and 3 at the left margin, lines 2 and 4
indented 4 spaces) in mm_cfg.py.

try:
    del OWNER_PIPELINE[OWNER_PIPELINE.index('SpamDetect')]
except ValueError:
    pass

This will remove SpamDetect from the pipeline of handlers through which
messages to list-owner are processed, thus skiping the processing of
header_filter_rules and mm_cfg.KNOWN_SPAMMERS for mail to the
list-owner addresses.