[Mailman-Users] Request for some additional configuration features

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Tue Apr 24 21:37:11 CEST 2007

At 4:17 PM -0300 4/24/07, D G Teed wrote:

>  1. We are not interested in RFC 2369 headers in email.  None of our mailing
>  lists are public lists driven by users opting in/out.  Users are on the list
>  and we don't allow them access to the website to flick their options on/off.
>  I'd like all mailing lists created to have List-* headers suppressed.
>  I have not seen an option for that in Defaults.py/mm_cfg.py

See FAQ 4.1.

>  2. We have an announcements only list to which we would like
>  to have the moderator-only post it, hold it for moderation
>  (to prevent accidental use of Send), and also receive a copy to verify
>  if there were any delivery delays.  We have played with moderation
>  tag on the user, and followed the guide on how to make a one way
>  list, but it seems the only solution is to have the moderator
>  subscribe on another email address so that they can post to
>  the list as well as receive, while it is one-way list.  Am I missing
>  a combination of options which provides for this sort of one
>  way list with a hold for moderation?

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking for.  It is possible for a
list moderator to also be a list member, so that they receive copies
of all posts to the list.  All that needs to happen there is that
they go through the same list subscription process as everyone else,
although you may need to clear their moderation bit depending on how
they handle the moderation process.

Setting up announcement-only lists is covered in FAQ 3.11, with some
additional hints in FAQ 3.34.  The only difference might be that you
set the member_moderation_action to be "hold" instead of "reject".

If there's something about this process which is not clear, please
help us to understand what you're trying to do and which instructions
you've tried to follow, and we'll see if there's anything else we can
do for you.