[Mailman-Users] Virtual hosts

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Thu Apr 12 04:40:49 CEST 2007

At 10:59 AM +0900 4/12/07, Stephen J. Turnbull quoted Mark Sapiro:

>   > I have added FAQ 6.22
>   > <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq06.022.htp>.
>   > Look it over and comment/fix as appropriate.
>
>  Basic format, especially the length, looks good to me.

Agreed.

>                                                          Two
>  suggestions: my feeling is that the first line should mention the
>  *places* where replacement has been observed (envelope address, RFC
>  2822 addresses, whatever).

It may be my anti-histamine-fogged brain, but I'm not quite sure I
understand what you mean.  Could you clarify?

>  Second, while I'm not real keen on the idea that the Mailman faq
>  should contain a large email vocabulary list, do we have a single
>  "jargon faq" that gives pointers to RFCs that are frequently
>  referenced and also mail FAQs That Are Maintained By Somebody (for
>  values of Somebody != mailman developers)?

I'm not aware of anything we're keeping in this area with regard to
Mailman.  We could link to some of the FAQs and RFCs on faqs.org, but
there are so many different FAQs and RFCs that I fear we would
seriously scare the bejeebies out of anyone who actually read such an
entry.

>                                              It would be cool if
>  generic mail jargon (eg, "envelope address") could be linked to that
>  FAQ.

There is always the Jargon File.  ;)

>  Obviously the second comment is a generic, while I'm thinking of it,
>  kind of thing.  I'll try to get back to it myself, later, but I won't
>  cry if somebody beats me to it.<wink>

Please, feel free to take a whack at it.