[Mailman-Users] /var/mailman/cron/checkdbs

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Apr 6 18:16:20 CEST 2007

Robin Bartholomew wrote:

>I am trying to track down the cause of the following error message and
>have been quite unsuccessful.  Has anyone dealt with this or something
>similar before?  I thought the number of pending requests might have
>been too large on some of the lists; however I am still receiving the
>error after purging the pending requests.
>
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/var/mailman/cron/checkdbs", line 178, in ?
>    main()
>  File "/var/mailman/cron/checkdbs", line 109, in main
>    text += '\n' + pending_requests(mlist)
>  File "/var/mailman/cron/checkdbs", line 128, in pending_requests
>    for id in mlist.GetSubscriptionIds():
>  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/ListAdmin.py", line 140, in GetSubscriptionIds
>    return self.__getmsgids(SUBSCRIPTION)
>  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/ListAdmin.py", line 132, in __getmsgids
>    ids = [k for k, (op, data) in self.__db.items() if op == rtype]
>ValueError: unpack tuple of wrong size

This error is produced by a corrupt request.pck, not pending.pck. There
are reports of this from time to time, so possibly there is a bug
somewhere that causes the corruption.

It might help to find the underlying problem if you could move the
offending request.pck aside, and dump it with bin/dumpdb, and report
the dumpdb output.