[Mailman-Users] mailman on a different port

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Apr 3 00:12:41 CEST 2007

Michael Grant wrote:

>I installed mailman on a vhost on a different port number other than port 80 and
>I noticed that when I went to the admin page, the links on that page
>did not include the :portnumber in them, hence, they didn't work.
>
>That shouldn't be too hard to fix.  Is there some way to configure
>that in the meantime?

Add the port to DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN. If it is currently the default, set

DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s:nn/mailman/'

in mm_cfg.py where nn is the port you want. Also modify
PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL as in

PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL = 'http://%(hostname)s:nn/pipermail/%(listname)s'

Then you need to run fix_url under bin/withlist to fix the existing
lists (run bin/fix_url.py for help).