[Mailman-Users] Premature end of script headers

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Sep 29 04:30:41 CEST 2006

test 123king wrote:

>I am installing mailman 2.1.9 on my Fedora 4 server running with Apache 2.0.54 and Sendmail 8.13.4. I configured mailman as below:
>
>./configure --prefix=/usr/lib/mailman --with-mail-gid=mail --with-cgi-gid=apache
>
>But when I go to create email lists, I get Internal server error page, and on the http server error log I get "Premature end of script headers: create".
>
>It looks like the cgi-gid was mis-configured, but on the server I can run the "admin" command as user apache without any problem:

It's probably not a cgi group mismatch because in that case, the
wrapper issues a very specific error message that should be either
displayed or in the apache error log.

Have you run bin/check_perms? (although if it's permissions, the apache
error log should say so).

Are you running SeLinux? If so, try turning it off to see what happens.