[Mailman-Users] Premature end of script headers

test 123king test123king at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 29 00:23:25 CEST 2006

I am installing mailman 2.1.9 on my Fedora 4 server running with Apache 2.0.54 and Sendmail 8.13.4. I configured mailman as below:

./configure --prefix=/usr/lib/mailman --with-mail-gid=mail --with-cgi-gid=apache

But when I go to create email lists, I get Internal server error page, and on the http server error log I get "Premature end of script headers: create".

It looks like the cgi-gid was mis-configured, but on the server I can run the "admin" command as user apache without any problem:

[root at fedora1 conf.d]# sudo -u apache /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/create

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Create a fedora1.marsdd.com Mailing List</TITLE>
</HEAD>

Here is the mailman.conf file in my /etc/httpd/conf.d folder:

[root at fedora1 conf.d]# vi mailman.conf

#
#  httpd configuration settings for use with mailman.
#

ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/

<Directory "/usr/lib/mailman">
        AllowOverride All
        Options SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
        php_admin_flag engine off
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/>
    AllowOverride None
    Options ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Alias /pipermail/ /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/
<Directory /var/lib/mailman/archives/public>
    Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

# Uncomment the following line, replacing www.example.com with your server's
# name, to redirect queries to /mailman to the listinfo page (recommended).

~

Any help is very appreciated!!!