[Mailman-Users] Mail going to list archives but not to list!

Elizabeth Schwartz betsy.schwartz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 14:51:11 CEST 2006

Thanks again for all your help. I checked in last night and mailman was hung
again, but this time I saw that the OutgoingRunner process was missing, and
there are errors in the error log:

Sep 23 08:10:17 2006 (2180) Master qrunner detected subprocess exit
(pid: 1592, sig: None, sts: 1, class: OutgoingRunner, slice: 1/1)
[restarting]
Sep 23 08:10:18 2006 (1602) OutgoingRunner qrunner started.
Sep 23 08:11:34 2006 (2435) Master qrunner detected subprocess exit
(pid: 1598, sig: None, sts: 1, class: OutgoingRunner, slice: 1/1)
[restarting]
Sep 23 08:11:34 2006 (2435) Qrunner OutgoingRunner reached maximum restart
limit
 of 10, not restarting.

Will add a check to kick mailman if OutgoingRunner is not running, although
I'd like to understand why OutgoingRunner is dying.

Another question:  is there any parallelism of processing files in the out
queue or are they done sequentially? We have one very big list with 751
members that takes quite a while to get through any one message, and it
seems like when I had a couple of messages in qfiles/out for this list, that
messages for my little test list weren't going through.