[Mailman-Users] List My Other Subscriptions Not working

Dave Troiano batmobile_99 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 20 19:47:39 CEST 2006

--- Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:

> Dave Troiano wrote:
> >
> >The scenario we have is that I am the list owner
> for
> >all the lists. And we have a controlled
> >subscription/unsubscription process whereas members
> >will need to fill out an online request form to
> >subscribe/unsubscribe, that I process manually.
>

> So you are in fact the site *Mailman* administrator.
> Sorry, I wasn't
> clear that that's what I meant when I said "site
> admin".
>
> So the next stumbling block is whether this is your
> organization's
> Mailman installation vs. a virtual domain on a
> hosted installation.

This is our organization's Mailman install on a local
server.

If
> the former, you should know the Mailman site
> password. Get whowever
> does have access to the command line scripts for
> Mailman to do
> bin/mmsitepas to set a site password for Mailman if
> there isn't
> already one and tell you what it is. Then, if you
> use this site
> password to access a list's admin interface rather
> than the list admin
> password, you will be able to see a users other
> subscriptions.

If the site's password is the same one you need to use
when creating a new list, then I know that password.

Would this be the password that you enter in the last
field on the create a new password page called "List
creator's (authentication) password."?

Or,
> perhaps your IT staff can set up a way for you to
> run bin/find_member.

This "might" be an option, but I don't know if they
want to release that kind of access to me. I'm hoping
to get to this info via the method mentioned above.

The only interface I have to work with now is the web
interface.

Thanks guys,
Dave

Dave Troiano