[Mailman-Users] Different URL PATTERNS per virtual host?

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 16:48:00 CEST 2006

On 9/18/06, Benjamin Donnachie <benjamin at py-soft.co.uk> wrote:
> Dragon wrote:
> > Is there some reason you would not want to run https on all of the lists?
>
> I host a number of sites free of charge.  While I don't mind offering
> Mailman FoC, I feel that there are somethings users should pay for and
> https is one of them!

You might look into offering cacert.org certificates to your users;
they have no additional cost other than time and (possibly) the small
cost of getting yourself listed as an assurer.

The downside is that their root certificate isn't included in most
browsers; it is still quite a step forward compares to self-signed
certificates.

Unless, of course, "should pay for ... https" means "I want money from
them," which is probably understandable.

--
- Patrick Bogen