[Mailman-Users] can't call command line functions from php

Anne Ramey anne.ramey at ncmail.net
Mon Sep 18 20:42:57 CEST 2006

I have my php script running as a user in the mailman group, but when I
try to do:
   //add user to Admin email list
   $command = "/usr/local/mailman/bin/add_members -r ".$Filename." admins";
   system($command, $status);

I get a status of 1 returned to me and it doesn't add the users.  I've
tried:
   shell_exec($command);
as well but it didn't work either.  I can successfully call these
functions from my old perl scripts, so I don't think it's a permissions
issue.  I think I must be missing something in the php.  This may be a
little out of the scope of this list, but any help would be appreciated.

--
Anne