[Mailman-Users] central location for /pythonlib/* for multiple installations

Bretton Vine bretton at hivemind.net
Fri Sep 15 12:17:04 CEST 2006

Apologies if I've ignored something obvious here, but with 6 mailman
installations (all upgraded to 2.1.9 with a patched sourced) I've found
discrepancies in the version of

  mailman/pythonlib/email/Utils.py

between the different installations. One installation kept causing the
problems with attachments with an apostrophe or other oddities (i.e.
filename..pdf) etc. Given that for a minority of lists /all/ content must be
accepted this isn't on. Exim accepts the messages, delivers to mailman and
then they just sit in

  mailman/qfiles/in/*.pck

Even running unshunt doesn't help much. A reboot did though.

Can I run multiple installations of mailman but refer to on single location
of the pythonlib/* files for all installations? This would prevent the
different file sizes and content that seems to have cropped up.

  i.e. over 6 MM installs all copies of Utils.py are different sizes, some
       the same dates, others not

Given that this affects 250+ lists it's an important issue I need
clarification on before experimenting.

thanks in advance.
--
| Bretton Vine | 083 633 8475 | bretton at hivemind.net |
| GPG: http://bretton.hivemind.net/bretton_vine.asc  |

"Not all who wander are lost." - J. R. R. Tolkien