[Mailman-Users] Virtual sites

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Sep 14 06:26:48 CEST 2006

At 2:57 PM -0400 2006-09-13, Jay Vaagen wrote:

>  If I understand all this correctly, there's no current feature that will
>  allow mailman to send mail from the correct virtual domain's hostname, and
>  not localhost.. correct?

Mailman is a Mailing List Management system, not an MTA.  The kind of
thing you're asking for would be within the purview of the MTA, and
therefore Mailman would know nothing of it.

Heck, I don't even know any MTAs that allow you to do this kind of
thing, but it's more their line of work than Mailman -- we just dump
our outgoing traffic on the MTA, and let it do the heavy lifting of
actually handling the delivery to the respective remote ends.

>  Any way to do this?

Nope.

I can't even imagine what kind of source code modifications would be
required to achieve your goal.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

  Founding Individual Sponsor of LOPSA.  See <http://www.lopsa.org/>.