[Mailman-Users] Virtual sites

Jay Vaagen jay at abadata.com
Wed Sep 13 20:57:31 CEST 2006

Ok, so after reading all this it becomes clear to me that this is not going
to be an easy fix..

If I understand all this correctly, there's no current feature that will
allow mailman to send mail from the correct virtual domain's hostname, and
not localhost.. correct?

Let's say I have these mailing lists:

"norwegians" on the domain "norway.com" - 1.1.1.10
"visitors" on the domain "sweden.com" - 1.1.1.11
"tourist" on the domain "denmark.com" - 1.1.1.12

The hostname of the server running mailman is "mailserver.europe.com" - with
IP 1.1.1.100

When someone posts to Norwegian at norway.com I would like emails sent from
that mailing list to originate from mail.norway.com ie. 1.1.1.10, not
mailserver.europe.com or 1.1.1.100.
When someone posts to visitors at sweden.com I would like emails sent from that
mailing list to originate from mail.sweden.com ie. 1.1.1.11.

The mail alias for those 3 domains would be "mail".

Any way to do this?

How about passing the domain name for the list through to SMTPHOST when the
email is sent and adding MAIL as the host name to make the FQDN...seeing as
"MAIL" is a static naming scheme.....??

Maybe that's not even possible...sounds good in theory...

Thanks so much for your replies...

:)

Jay Vaagen
Certified Technician