[Mailman-Users] Virtual sites

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Wed Sep 13 20:03:41 CEST 2006

Jim Popovitch wrote:
> The problem with this approach is that Mailman will still only use the
> single specified mail server, rather than processing a list of
> mailservers defined as MX records for a DNS domain.
    If I have a domain name for which there are 3 MXs setup in a Round
Robin configuration, wouldn't mailman be given a different IP each
time?  For example:

; zone file fragment
@     IN MX 10 mail.example.com.
mail  IN A 192.168.0.4
      IN A 192.168.0.5
      IN A 192.168.0.6

    If I tell mailman SMTPHOST='mail.example.com', in theory it should
receive a different IP to connect to each time it queries that host
name.  UNLESS mailman is internally caching that information (to use
again on subsequent runs.)

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.