[Mailman-Users] mailman integration with web pages (user passwords)

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Tue Sep 12 01:01:56 CEST 2006

Hi,

I wish to integrate mailman with some (other) web pages. The users
would be able to login and do whatever, part of which would be to subscribe to
a mail list.

To make it nice I would like a common user authentication, ie email_address/password
pairs. Mailman seems to hold this stuff in python pickle files - these are obscure
formats if you are not writing in python (which I am not - I don't want to).

Question:

* can mailman store email/password elsewhere (eg mysql database), possibly
  in addition to pickle files ?

* can mailman use email/password info from somewhere other than a pickle file ?

* are there hooks that I can plug an external script in to when user info
  is updated (added/removed/changed) that would let me keep/copy this info
  elsewhere ?

I use mailman in other places, it works well & am pleased with it.

Cheers

--
Alain Williams
Parliament Hill Computers Ltd.