[Mailman-Users] Writing a Mailman Script

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Sep 7 03:56:25 CEST 2006

At 3:31 PM -0700 2006-09-06, Nerses Ohanyan wrote:

>  I have a python script that can process an ascii text file, but I want
>  to run this script for one of my mailing lists, so that it processes
>  the e-mail message (the script populates my database).  Where can I
>  find help with details about writing python scripts to be inserted in
>  a mailing list pipeline.

You're looking for a custom handler.  Unfortunately, there don't
appear to be any FAQs addressing this issue, but I do know that this
subject has been discussed many times on the mailman-users and
mailman-developers lists, so you should search the archives.

When you find posts that provide the information you need, please
feel free to create a suitable entry for the subject in the
community-supported FAQ Wizard.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

  Founding Individual Sponsor of LOPSA.  See <http://www.lopsa.org/>.