[Mailman-Users] Writing a Mailman Script

Nerses Ohanyan ohanyan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 00:31:49 CEST 2006

I have a python script that can process an ascii text file, but I want
to run this script for one of my mailing lists, so that it processes
the e-mail message (the script populates my database).  Where can I
find help with details about writing python scripts to be inserted in
a mailing list pipeline.

i.e.  I know my code should have all the includes (mm_cfg, etc...) and
def process(mlist, msg, msgdata)
BUT i do not know what kind of objects mlist, msg and msgdata are,
what their properties are and how to simply retreive the e-mail text
in simple ascii format.

Thank you for your help.