[Mailman-Users] new list--sort of

Anne Ramey anne.ramey at ncmail.net
Wed Sep 6 15:13:54 CEST 2006

OK, here is an interesting one.  I recently moved all the lists and my
perl admin interface (for other things, not mailman list admin) to a new
server.  Both independantly seem to be running fine, but they seem to
refuse to interface.  If I try and do a newlist from my program, I get
the mail, but the list is not created.  I find this behavior especially
puzzling.  My perl program can run /usr/local/mailman/bin/list_lists
even though apache (who it runs as) can run it fine.  I just gets no
response.

./check_perms -f
No problems found

I've checked and double checked my permissions, both with the mailman's
check_perms and by looking.  It all looks right to me.  Does anyone have
any idea what might be going on here. or anything else I should try?

btw, the perl program can successfully execute other shell commands.

Anne