[Mailman-Users] peculiar problem

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Sep 1 17:23:12 CEST 2006

Francis Jayakanth wrote:

>What I have been doing as a list
>moderator in such situations is, deleting the existing id of such a user
>and re-create the same id. Many-a-times this solution has worked.

I don't know why this would make a difference unless delivery was
disabled for that user and deleting and recreating had the effect of
enabling delivery.

>However,
>it doesn't work for particular user. I have re-created the id for this
>user at least 5 times but still the user in question doesn't get mailman
>mails.  what do u think could be the problem.

The user or her/his ISP could be filtering or blocking the mail from
your mailman installation based on any number of factors. Can you
successfully send non-Mailman mail to this user from the same domain
as Mailman sends from?