[Mailman-Users] Multiple Installations on same server...

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Oct 28 23:34:38 CEST 2006

Phillip Ryker wrote:

>I tried that and now exim -bt returns with the right response.
>However, I am getting the following in my logs:
>
>No such file or directory: failed to chdir to
>/virtual/:listsrv.domain1.com/mailman
>
>so it is now pritning that extra colon.  When I remove it I get errors
>when running exim -bt.  When I add it I get errors in the logfiles as
>above.  I am at a lost.  I know others are running multiple installs
>but I just cannot seem to get past this.

I am recalling that there is an issue having to do with macro expansion
in Exim that required the colon to be doubled in macro definitions,
but not in directives or something like that. There is a thread on
this beginning at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2006-January/048428.html>
in the archives, but unfortunately, it doesn't get to a definitive
resolution.

You could try some of the suggestions in that thread, or you could try
just frogetting the macros and repeating the strings themselves
everywhere use with single colons.