[Mailman-Users] Unexpected Listname When Creating New List

Jon Forrest forrest at ce.berkeley.edu
Sat Oct 28 00:25:20 CEST 2006

(Mailman 2.1.9 Fedora 5)

newlist --help says:

"Note that listnames are forced to lowercase".

That doesn't seem to be true.

I just ran

	bin/newlist test

but my listinfo web page shows this as "Test".
It also shows up as "Test" in the General Options
web page.

If I look at the "Details for real name" information, it says:

"Email addresses are not case sensitive..."

I learned in Email 101 that this is not true on the left
side of "@" signs. Was my teacher playing a cruel joke on me?
In any case, I can change "Test" to "test" and all appears
well.

What's a mother to do?

Cordially,
--
Jon Forrest
forrest at ce.berkeley.edu
Computer Resources Manager
Civil and Environmental Engineering Dept.
305 Davis Hall
Univ. of Calif., Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720-1710
510-642-0904