[Mailman-Users] nodupes flag

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Oct 24 21:50:09 CEST 2006

Bochkov, Natasha wrote:

>I was looking for an answer on the issue I have with the MailMan and
>your name came out on the MailMan forum. Do you know by any chance how
>to turn On nodupes for all list members in a batch?

Use the following withlist script.

Cut here----------------------------------------
"""Set all members of a list to not receive from the list
those posts in which they are directly addressed in To: or Cc:

Save as bin/set_nodups.py

Run via

   bin/withlist -r set_nodups <listname>
"""

from Mailman import mm_cfg

def set_nodups(mlist):
    if not mlist.Locked():
        mlist.Lock()
    for member in mlist.getMembers():
        mlist.setMemberOption(member, mm_cfg.DontReceiveDuplicates, 1)
    mlist.Save()
    mlist.Unlock()