[Mailman-Users] header_filter_rules bug?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Oct 23 02:05:41 CEST 2006

Bob Tschannen-Moran wrote:

>When I create a header_filter_rule, of any sort, I no longer receive the
>automatic coded confirmation email from the Mailman list. The post is held
>by the list, I am notified of the post (as the sender), I can Accept the
>post by "Tending to Pending Moderator Requests" and it goes out, but I am
>not automatically notified of the post as the list Administrator with the
>coded confirmation email. As soon as I remove the header-filter-rule, the
>coded confirmation emails are back.

Are you saying that if you have any header_filter_rules at all, that
posts held for other reasons do not result in admin notices even
though admin_immed_notify is Yes, and that removing
header_filter_rules restores the admin notices without any other
changes?

I can't see how this could be. What Mailman version is this?

I've looked at the current source and header_filter_rules is processed
only in the SpamDetect handler. Nothing else looks at it except the
web Gui to set and display it. If the message is passed by SpamDetect
there should be no difference in admin notification if it is
ultimately held. Even if it is held by header_filter_rules, the admin
should still be notified if admin_immed_notify is Yes.