[Mailman-Users] header_filter_rules bug?

Bob Tschannen-Moran Coach at LifeTrekCoaching.com
Mon Oct 23 01:42:03 CEST 2006

I use my list as a distribution-only list, holding all posts from me, the
Administrator. My posts are released only after I Accept them, either by
"Tending to Pending Moderator Requests" or by returning the coded
confirmation email (with "Approved: password" in the first line). I use the
latter system to schedule the time when messages will go out (since there is
no way to schedule that time from in the "Tending to Pending Moderator
Requests" section). I long for the day when that functionality will be added
to Mailman.

In the meantime, here is the problem and possible bug:

When I create a header_filter_rule, of any sort, I no longer receive the
automatic coded confirmation email from the Mailman list. The post is held
by the list, I am notified of the post (as the sender), I can Accept the
post by "Tending to Pending Moderator Requests" and it goes out, but I am
not automatically notified of the post as the list Administrator with the
coded confirmation email. As soon as I remove the header-filter-rule, the
coded confirmation emails are back.

Since I can use the header_filter_rule to weed out spam, I am disappointed
that it also seems to disable one of the functionalities that I have come to
depend upon for my list. Am I doing something wrong? Is this truly a bug? Is
there a work around? Let me know. Thanks.

May you be filled with goodness, peace, and joy.

Bob Tschannen-Moran, Founder & President
LifeTrek Coaching International
121 Will Scarlet Lane
Williamsburg, VA 23185-5043

Phone: (757) 345-3452