[Mailman-Users] Mailman Scrubbing archived attachments

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Oct 12 23:48:25 CEST 2006

Please include the list in replies.

Kate Henry wrote:

>Under Content Filtering I have tried:
>
>"Remove message attachments that don't have a matching filename extension"
>by putting "pdf, doc and rtf" in the box.  Then I tried putting nothing in
>any of the filter boxes (assuming this would allow all attachments to be
>archived).

Content filtering causes attachments of various types to be removed
before delivery/digesting/archiving. It will remove attachments from
all messages, but it won't affect how attachments that are not removed
are archived.

>Nothing works.  When I look at the e-mail in the archives it
>says the following:
>
>A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
>Name: 04_540pins.pdf
>Type: application/pdf
>Size: 69000 bytes
>Desc: not available
>tachment.pdf
>
>All I want to do is to archive the attachment along with the e-mail so that
>people can go back into the archives to find an attachment.
>
>Can this be done?

That is exactly what is happening. The message has been archived and
the PDF attachment has been removed and stored separately in the
archive and a link to the PDF attachment is included in the archived
message. It should say (where example.com is your actual web host)

If the 'http://example.com' is truly missing from the archived message
and not just omitted in your email above, then the PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL
setting is misconfigured in the Mailman installation