[Mailman-Users] Making Archives password protected

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Oct 5 22:16:10 CEST 2006

Douglas Denny wrote:

>I am list administrator on a Mailman list. Users have asked me to
>password protect the archives. I cannot find this option in my list
>interface. This option does not seem to do anything:
>s archive file source for public or private archival? * private

This setting should do it. It should cause the
archives/public/<listname> symlink to be removed so the 'pipermail'
URL no longer works and access is through the private CGI only.

If you 'tested' by visiting the archive immediately after changeing the
option, you were already logged in as the admin so you didn't have to
log in again.