[Mailman-Users] How to subscribe an user without his/herconfirmation?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Oct 5 16:35:27 CEST 2006

Simona wrote:

>I'm developing an unified system using PHP that I would like to use to
>manage users' subscriptions to my website, forums and newsletters.
>
>So, I'm asking you if there is a method to subscribe an user account to
>my Mailman lists without his/her confirmation via e-mail (I need to
>manage all confirmation procedures via PHP code...).

If you have access to the Mailman configuration, you can put

ALLOW_OPEN_SUBSCRIBE = Yes

in mm_cfg.py. Then each list will have an additional choice of 'None'
for subscribe_policy (the default will still be 'Confirm' unless you
change that too).

This may work for you, but 'None' allows all subscription requests to
be effective immediately whether from your PHP code or not.

Otherwise, your PHP code could post the admin mass subscribe form data
via the web, but the drawback here is the list's admin password has to
be available to the PHP code. See
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2004-December/041210.html>
and possibly other posts in the archive.