[Mailman-Users] How to subscribe an user without his/her confirmation?

K. Clair kclair at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 16:35:05 CEST 2006

On 10/5/06, Simona <lista at techportal.it> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm developing an unified system using PHP that I would like to use to
> manage users' subscriptions to my website, forums and newsletters.
>
> So, I'm asking you if there is a method to subscribe an user account to
> my Mailman lists without his/her confirmation via e-mail (I need to
> manage all confirmation procedures via PHP code...).

Hi,

The only way I have ever found to do this is to use the mailman
command line command "add_members".  This usually isn't really an
option from a web script because of permissions issues.

If you don't have access to the mailman bin directory on the server, I
don't know of a way to subscribe addresses without their confirmation,
other than using the mass subscribe form in the list admin interface
(but that would be difficult to use from php).

Kristina