[Mailman-Users] Threading for integration with message board

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Oct 2 21:21:31 CEST 2006

Not necessarily easy, but see <http://www.jwz.org/doc/threading.html>.

>My first idea was to use Mailman, with the message board based on the
>threaded archives, but Mailman doesn't actually seem to do a great
>job of threading, plus I'm afraid I'd need to learn Python (what I'm
>comfortable with is Perl).

Mailman's archives are threaded based on the Message-ID: of one post
being in either the In-Reply-To: or References: header (or both) of a
subsequent post.

This is an incomplete solution fo a number of reasons including:

1) Not all MUAs include either a In-Reply-To: or References: header in