[Mailman-Users] I sent out a mailing, how can I know it's done or not?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Nov 25 20:02:33 CET 2006

Jack Stone wrote:

>I usually look in ~mailman/qfiles/out and when I see "0", that's good enough for me, although I know there may be some stragglers in the MTA mail queues. But, MM is through with its part.

Prior to Mailman 2.1.9, the entry would be removed from the 'out' queue
at the start of delivery to the MTA. For a large list, there could be
some time before delivery to the MTA is complete. Beginning with
2.1.9, there will be a .bak file in the 'out' queue while delivery to
the MTA is in process.

You can look in Mailman's 'smtp' log for the "<message-id> smtp
for nnn recips, completed in tt.ttt seconds" message. When that message
is logged, Mailman's delivery to the MTA is complete. Prior to the
logging of that message, there's no way to know how close to done
Mailman is.