[Mailman-Users] I sent out a mailing, how can I know it's done or not?

Jack Stone antennex at swbell.net
Sat Nov 25 15:41:20 CET 2006

I usually look in ~mailman/qfiles/out and when I see "0", that's good enough for me, although I know there may be some stragglers in the MTA mail queues. But, MM is through with its part.

Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de> wrote:  * Stanley Chen :

> We have a list running 100,000+ email addresses, and we broadcasted a
> message. How can we find out if all messages are successfully sent, or
> still in queue? If still in queue, how many message left to be sent?

Look into the queue of your MTA
Usually the "mailq" does the trick (sendmail, postfix)

Ralf Hildebrandt (i.A. des IT-Zentrums) Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Charite - Universitätsmedizin Berlin Tel. +49 (0)30-450 570-155
Gemeinsame Einrichtung von FU- und HU-Berlin Fax. +49 (0)30-450 570-962
IT-Zentrum Standort CBF send no mail to plonk at charite.de