[Mailman-Users] Mailman and (really) large lists

Jack Stone antennex at swbell.net
Sat Nov 25 15:37:00 CET 2006

As one stat, one of my lists of 10,000 is usually completed within 24 mins. I usually drop all filter scans during that time, plus I use 20 separate mail queues (sendmail) so too many don't pile up in a single queue and has to start over delaying send-outs. These 2 things have affected my speed more than anything else -- except maybe a custom footer which I avoid using.

Brad Knowles <brad at shub-internet.org> wrote:
  At 8:39 AM +0100 11/24/06, Mathias Andre wrote:

> In parallel of this migration we have been ask to set up a very large
> mailing list: between 15000 to 25000 users. This would be a moderated
> list (actually more like some kind of newsletter).
>
> I was wondering how well would mailman cope with such a large list.

Check the FAQ. 15,000-25,000 is only a moderately large mailing
list, as far as Mailman is concerned.

> Has any of you done anything similar?

Check the FAQ. There's lots of good stuff there.

--
Brad Knowles,

Trend Micro has announced that they will cancel the stop.mail-abuse.org
mail forwarding service as of 15 November 2006. If you have an old
e-mail account for me at this domain, please make sure you correct that
with the current address.