[Mailman-Users] Mailman and (really) large lists

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Fri Nov 24 18:31:52 CET 2006

At 8:39 AM +0100 11/24/06, Mathias Andre wrote:

>  In parallel of this migration we have been ask to set up a very large
>  mailing list: between 15000 to 25000 users. This would be a moderated
>  list (actually more like some kind of newsletter).
>
>  I was wondering how well would mailman cope with such a large list.

Check the FAQ.  15,000-25,000 is only a moderately large mailing
list, as far as Mailman is concerned.

>  Has any of you done anything similar?

Check the FAQ.  There's lots of good stuff there.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad at shub-internet.org>

Trend Micro has announced that they will cancel the stop.mail-abuse.org
mail forwarding service as of 15 November 2006.  If you have an old
e-mail account for me at this domain, please make sure you correct that
with the current address.