[Mailman-Users] Mailman migration

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Nov 24 07:40:47 CET 2006

Jason Dixon wrote:

>I'm migrating the Mailman 2.1.5 installation on a RHEL server to
>Mailman 2.1.8 on OpenBSD.  I transferred all of the files in /var/
>spool/mailman over and checked permissions and symlinks.  I've
>recreated all of the aliases on each server, as well as all of the
>Apache settings for mailman and pipermail.  Is there anything I might
>be overlooking in the Mailman installation directory (/usr/local/
>mailman on RHEL, /usr/local/lib/mailman on OpenBSD)?

You definitely want the lists/ and archives/ directories and their
contents. This is the main thing. I suspect all that's in
/var/spool/mailman/ is the queue directories and that these will be in
/usr/local/lib/mailman/qfiles/ in the OpenBSD installation, and if the
system is quiescent when you migrate, they will be empty anyway. You
may also want the heldmsg-*, site.pw and creator.pw files from the
data/ directory.