[Mailman-Users] request.pck does not match heldmsg-Listname files

Ivan Fetch ifetch at du.edu
Tue Nov 21 11:15:15 CET 2006

Hi Mark,

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> Ivan Fetch wrote:
>>
>>    I've noticed heldmsg-ListName-* files in mailman/data, which the
>> request.pck file for the given list isn't aware of (the pickle only has a
>> version string).
>>
>>    Is there something which others have used to iterate the request.pck
>> file of all lists, and determine orphaned files in the mailman/data
>> directory so they can be deleted?
>

> I'm not aware of anything that has been written to check for/remove
> orphaned heldmsg-list-* files, but if the request.pck is empty
> (i.e.contains only the version info), you can just remove any
> heldmsg-list-* files either directly or with bin/delete.

    It seems bin/delete generates an error when it can't find the file
referenced in the list's request.pck.  Perhaps an option to discard which
deletes the heldmsg file in cases like this (maybe this is something I'll
work on after our Mailman upgrade).

$ discard heldmsg-info-dns-157.pck
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/mail/mailman/mailman/bin/discard", line 120, in ?
     main()
   File "/mail/mailman/mailman/bin/discard", line 110, in main
     mlist.HandleRequest(id, mm_cfg.DISCARD, '', False, False, '')
   File "/mail/mailman/mailman/Mailman/ListAdmin.py", line 164, in
HandleRequest
     rtype, data = self.__db[id]
KeyError: 157

- Ivan.